Birmingham, Ala. – This fall, Vulcan Park and Museum will hold its 12th season of the popular Vulcan AfterTunes concert series. The 2016 event will feature Dylan LeBlanc with Duquette Johnston on September 25, Big Sam’s Funky Nation with Tragic City on October 9, and Amanda Shires with Jesse Payne on October 23. Tickets go on sale this Friday, July 15 at visitvulcan.com.
Enjoy cool tunes, craft brews and sweet views with these up-and-coming artists as well as everyone’s favorite cast iron statue, Vulcan. Chill out in Birmingham’s backyard with your lawn chairs and blankets and bring the whole family out to enjoy some of the country’s best rising entertainers.
- General admission $15; Members and children ages 5–12 $8 – Available at visitvulcan.com or at the gate
- Gates open at 1:00 p.m.; Opening acts begin at 2:30 p.m.; Headliner acts begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Children 4 and under are free
- Ticket price includes admission to the concert, the Vulcan Center Museum, and Vulcan’s observation tower
- Seating is first-come, first served
- Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available for purchase
- There will be onsite food truck vendors
- No pets or outside alcohol allowed
- Onsite parking is limited; shuttles will be available to overflow parking lots
Vulcan AfterTunes 2016 is sponsored by Vulcan Painters, Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Butler Snow, Barker Advertising, Alabev, Piggly Wiggly Birmingham, ABC 3340 / My68 / CW 21, Bell Media, Birmingham Mountain Radio, and City Vision.
Complete entertainer bios can be found at visitvulcan.com. For social media, use #VulcanAfterTunes
Contact Morgan Berney, Director of Marketing & Public Relations, for full details
Director of Marketing & PR
About Vulcan Park and Museum
Vulcan Park and Museum is a 501(c)3 organization. All proceeds from ticket purchases will be used to support Vulcan Park and Museum’s mission to preserve and promote Vulcan as the symbol for the Birmingham region, advance knowledge and understanding of Birmingham’s history and culture, and to encourage exploration of the region.
1701 VALLEY VIEW DR | BIRMINGHAM, AL 35209 | VISITVULCAN.COM