Birmingham, Ala. — Vulcan may be the world’s largest cast iron statue, but he still needs help blowing out his birthday candles! On Sunday, June 7 from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m., Vulcan Park and Museum will host a festive outdoor community celebration for Vulcan’s 111th Birthday.
This year our event will be bigger and better than ever. Enjoy an afternoon with the whole family including music, games, and birthday refreshments. Other activities include next generation games provided by GameStop, a Home Depot kids’ workshop, a performance by the Birmingham Children’s Theatre, an archaeology dig and prize wheel from Red Mountain Park, a rock climbing wall, soccer activities by the Latin American Soccer League, a City of Birmingham firetruck, a kite activity from Railroad Park, native Alabama animals from the Birmingham Zoo, a plane from the Southern Museum of Flight, face painting from the Magic Town Clowns, community drum jams by GetRhythm!, and much more! You won’t want to miss this party.
Admission is $5 for all ages (free for children under age 4) and includes all activities, entrance into Vulcan Center, the observation tower, and the La Storia: Birmingham’s Italian Community exhibition in the Linn-Henley Gallery. Come join us as we celebrate the big guy’s 111th birthday.
Important Party Details
• Brick Pavers will be unveiled that were purchased during the 2014 Brick Paver Campaign.
• Mayor William Bell will lead the party in singing “Happy Birthday” to Vulcan.
• Additional food and refreshments from Repicci’s Italian Ice and other food truck vendors will be available for
• Parking is limited. FREE shuttle will be provided. Additional parking will be available at the Jefferson County Board
of Education (across Valley Avenue).
• No pets allowed during special events
For more information or to purchase tickets online see visitvulcan.com.