BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Vulcan Park & Museum is pleased to announce they will resume normal operating hours starting today.
The Observation Tower and Park Grounds will be open daily from 10am to 10pm. Vulcan Center and Kiwanis Vulcan Trail will be open daily from 10am to 6pm.
Director of Visitor Experience Joe Saling is excited to welcome everyone back.
“We have been deep cleaning, completing maintenance projects and prepping over the last few weeks to ensure a safe and clean experience for our visitors.” Saling said. “We miss seeing the smiling faces of people creating memories.”
Health & Safety Protocols
- Park visitors must adhere to the current Jefferson County Department of Health order to maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
- Staff will be required to wear masks or stand behind a shield.
- One-way traffic flow with directional signage will navigate guests through the park.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been placed throughout the park
- The viewfinders and binoculars are still not available.
- Trust Building Solutions has been contracted to provide continuous cleaning of touchpoint areas from open to close. This includes handrails, tables, chairs doors and restrooms
- We are currently booking private and corporate meetings and events. Please contact Sarah Maxwell at 205.203.4821 for availability.
- Group Tours and now available understanding social distancing will be required.
- The Anvil Museum Store will remain close until further notice.
About Vulcan® Park and Museum
Vulcan Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization which operates Vulcan Park and Museum on behalf of the City of Birmingham. Vulcan Park and Museum’s mission is to preserve and promote Vulcan as the symbol for the Birmingham region, advance knowledge and understanding of Birmingham’s history and culture, and to encourage exploration of the region.