Birmingham, Ala. – This fall, Vulcan® Park and Museum will join forces with Saturn and The Bowery Presents: South to launch its 11th year of the Vulcan AfterTunes Sunday afternoon concert series. The 2015 event will feature Langhorne Slim & The Law on September 20, Karl Denson’s Fantastic Fall Tour on October 11, and Dom Flemons on October 25. Tickets go on sale this Friday, August 7.
Enjoy cool tunes, craft brews and sweet views with these up-and-coming artists as well as everyone’s favorite cast iron statue, Vulcan. Chill out in Birmingham’s backyard with your lawn chairs and blankets and bring the whole family out to enjoy some of the country’s best rising entertainers.
Gates will open at 1:00 p.m., opening acts begin at 3:00 p.m., and the headliner acts will begin at 4:00 p.m. Admission is $15 for adults and $8 for Vulcan Members and children ages 5 – 12. Children 4 and under are free. Ticket price includes live music and admission to Vulcan’s Observation Tower and Museum. Tickets and seating are first-come, first-served. Light snacks, beer, wine and soft drinks will be available for purchase. No pets or outside alcohol allowed. For more information or to purchase tickets, log on to visitvulcan.com.
• General admission $15; VPM Members and children ages 5 – 12 $8 – Available online at visitvulcan.com or at the gate
• Children 4 and under are free
• Gates open at 1 p.m.; Opening acts begin at 3:00 p.m.; Headliner acts begin at 4:00 p.m.
• Food trucks and beverage vendors
• No pets or outside alcohol allowed
• Bring your lawn chairs and blankets
• Onsite parking is limited; shuttles will be available to overflow parking lots
• Media is invited to attend throughout the day
Vulcan AfterTunes 2015 is sponsored by Vulcan Painters, WELD for Birmingham, B-Metro Magazine, and Birmingham Mountain Radio.
Complete entertainer bios can be found at visitvulcan.com. Opening acts will be revealed in the coming weeks. For social media, use #VulcanAfterTunes.