Pennsylvania-born guitarist Langhorne Slim is celebrated from Newport to Portland as one of today’s most original singers and songwriters, creatively blending genres of rock and roll, folk, and pop music. The band’s members have played together on tours with the Drive-By Truckers and the Avett Brothers and have made appearances at the Newport Folk Festival and Bonnaroo. The new record moves in ways that are fresh for Langhorne Slim & The Law and illustrates a fast-changing genre. The sensational indie folk-rock band The Wild Reeds will open the show.
Admission is $15 for adults and $8 for Vulcan Members and children ages 5-12. Children 4 and under are free. Ticket price includes live music and admission to Vulcan’s Observation Tower and Museum. Gates will open at 1:00 p.m., opening acts begin at 3:00 p.m., and the headliner acts will begin at 4:00 p.m. Tickets and seating are first-come, first-served. Craft beer available for purchase will include options from OskarBlues Brewery, Lagunitas Brewing Co., and Founders Brewing Co. Taqueria Mexico, Stumptown Coffee and several wine selections will be onsite as well. No pets or outside alcohol allowed. For more information or to purchase tickets, log on to visitvulcan.com/events.
• General admission $15; VPM Members and children ages 5 – 12 $8 – Available online at visitvulcan.com/events or at the gate
• Children 4 and under are free
• Gates open at 1:00 p.m.; Opening acts begin at 3:00 p.m.; Headliner acts begin at 4:00 p.m.
• No pets or outside alcohol allowed
• Bring your lawn chairs and blankets
• Onsite parking is limited; shuttles will be available to overflow parking lots
• Media is invited to attend throughout the day
Vulcan AfterTunes 2015 is sponsored by Vulcan Painters, WELD for Birmingham, B-Metro Magazine, Birmingham Mountain Radio, AlaBev, Piggly Wiggly Birmingham, Long-Lewis Ford Lincoln, and ServisFirst Bank.
Complete bios for Langhorne Slim & The Law and The Wild Reeds can be found at visitvulcan.com/events. For social media, use #vulcanaftertunes.
Email Morgan Berney, Director of Marketing & PR, at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or complete details.