Birmingham, Ala. – Vulcan Park and Museum is proud to announce the 15th Annual Vulcan AfterTunes fall concert series. The three-part event will take place on Sept. 22, Sept. 29 and Oct. 6., and feature a variety of up-and-coming artists.
This annual event invites hundreds across the Birmingham region to connect and enjoy cool tunes, craft brews and sweet views along with everyone’s favorite cast iron statue, Vulcan. Single tickets range from $5- $30 and can be purchased online at vulcanaftertunes.com.
The series on Sept. 22 will feature Logan Ledger, a country-music artist that’s considered one of “country music’s best up-and-coming traditionalist” by The Boot. His self-titled debut album is scheduled to release on Oct. 4, about two weeks after his first performance in Birmingham.
Next up on Sept. 29 is Griffin House, an alternative/rock singer and songwriter who is known for captivating listeners with vulnerable and authentic lyrics reflecting on his life experiences. House’s songs have been featured in countless films and television shows including One Tree Hill and Army Wives.
Closing out this year’s series on Oct. 6 will be Christone “Kingfish” Ingram, a popular blues artist from the Mississippi Delta with blistering guitar skills and soulful vocals. NPR Music describes Kingfish as “A rising blues prodigy…A torchbearer.” His debut North American tour begins July 26, in Clarksdale, MS.
Gates open at 2pm with opening acts beginning at 3pm. Seating is first-come, first-served and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets. No pets or outside alcohol is allowed, and onsite parking is limited.
Local and regional beer will be available for purchase provided by Alabev. Wine will be available for purchase provided by Piggly Wiggly. Food Trucks such as Eugene’s Hot Chicken, Cheezin’, Repecci’s Italian Ice & Gelato and Hyderabad Dum Zone will also be onsite for purchase.
Babypalooza Magazine will return as the kid’s zone sponsor and will truly make Vulcan AfterTunes fun for the entire family.
- General admission $12 in advance; $15 at the gate; Limited VIP Tickets $30 (includes front row viewing, use of stadium chair and two drink tickets)
- Members $10 in advance; $12 at the gate
- Children $5; Ages 4 and under are FREE
- Gates open at 2:00 p.m.; Opening acts begin at 3:00 p.m.; Headline acts begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Ticket price includes admission to the concert, the Vulcan Center Museum, and Vulcan’s Observation Tower
- Seating is first-come, first served and visitors are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets
- Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available for purchase and onsite food truck vendors will be accessible
- No pets or outside alcohol allowed
- Onsite parking is limited.
Full event details and tickets are available at vulcanaftertunes.com.
Vulcan AfterTunes 2019 is sponsored by Vulcan Painters Inc., Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling Co., ABC 3340/My68/CW 21. Kids zone provided by Babypalooza Magazine.
About Vulcan® Park and Museum
Vulcan Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization which operates Vulcan Park and Museum on behalf of the City of Birmingham. Vulcan Park and Museum’s mission is to preserve and promote Vulcan as the symbol for the Birmingham region, advance knowledge and understanding of Birmingham’s history and culture, and to encourage exploration of the region.