Birmingham, Ala. – Vulcan Park and Museum is proud to announce the 14th Annual Vulcan AfterTunes fall concert series. The three-part event, presented by Vulcan Painters Inc., will take place on Sept. 23, Oct. 7 and Oct. 21.
This annual event invites hundreds across the city of Birmingham to connect and enjoy cool tunes, craft views and sweet views with up-and-coming artists along with everyone’s favorite cast iron statue, Vulcan. Single tickets range from $5 – $25 and can be purchase online at visitvulcan.com/events or in person.
The series on Sept. 23 will feature Los Colognes, a popular indie buzz band with high energy and great songwriting. This will mark their third time playing in Birmingham. Local favorite Duquette Johnston opens this first installment of the series.
Closing out this year’s series on Oct. 21 will be Americana sensation Great Peacock who are quickly making a name for themselves in the industry with great lyrics and incredible live performances. Birmingham’s favorite indie singer-songwriter, Maddie Medley returns to open the final installment of this year’s series.
Gates open at 1pm on each day with opening act beginning at 3pm. Seating is first-come, first-served and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets. No pets or outside alcohol is allowed. Onsite parking is limited, however, shuttle service will be available to overflow parking lots.
Local and regional beer will be available for purchase provided by AlaBev. Wine selections will be provided by Piggly Wiggly Birmingham. Food Trucks such as Cantina on Wheels and Eugene’s Hot Chicken will be onsite for purchase.
Babypalooza Magazine will return as the kids zone sponsor and will truly make Vulcan AfterTunes fun for the entire family.
- General admission $12 in advance; $15 at the gate; Limited VIP Tickets $25 (includes front row viewing, use of stadium chair and two drink tickets)
- Members $10 in advance; $12 at the gate
- Children $5; Ages 4 and under are free
- Gates open at 1:00 p.m.; Opening acts begin at 3:00 p.m.; Headline acts begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Ticket price includes admission to the concert, the Vulcan Center Museum, and Vulcan’s observation tower
- Seating is first-come, first served and visitors are encouraged to bring lawn chairs or blankets
- Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available for purchase and onsite food truck vendors will be accessible
- No pets or outside alcohol allowed
- Onsite parking is limited; shuttles will be available to overflow parking lots
Full event details and tickets are available at visitvulcan.com/events.
Vulcan AfterTunes 2018 is presented by Vulcan Painters Inc. with additional support from Regions Bank, Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling Co., Vulcan Value Partners, ABC 3340/My68/CW 21, City Vision, Big Communications, Birmingham Mountain Radio, and YELP Birmingham. Kids zone provided by Babypalooza Magazine.
About Vulcan® Park and Museum
Vulcan Park Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization which operates Vulcan Park and Museum on behalf of the City of Birmingham. Vulcan Park and Museum’s mission is to preserve and promote Vulcan as the symbol for the Birmingham region, advance knowledge and understanding of Birmingham’s history and culture, and to encourage exploration of the region.