Birmingham, AL – On Sunday, September 28, October 12 and October 26, Vulcan Park and Museum will kick off its tenth year of Vulcan AfterTunes featuring The Revivalists, Dumpstaphunk and Milo Greene. Enjoy cool tunes, fresh brews and sweet views on Sunday afternoons with your favorite cast iron statue, Vulcan. Chill out in Birmingham’s backyard and end your week with some of the area’s best music while witnessing spectacular views of Birmingham’s city skyline. The annual three-part concert series features local and national acts that each bring a unique sound to the Vulcan AfterTunes stage. Grab your lawn chairs and blankets and bring the whole family out to relax.
The Revivalists (Sept. 28): An indie rock septet out of New Orleans that has been together since 2007. They mix rock with the Southern funk of their hometown, and are not afraid to toss up genres, throwing in everything from heavy steel guitar and occasional electronic dabbling to create a unique and evolving sound. Their latest album, “City of Sound,” came out in 2012.
Dumpstaphunk (Oct. 12): Debuted in 2003 at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and have been grooving across the nations ever since. They hold true to the origins of funk while not being afraid to let elements of gospel, blues, R&B and a touch of rock n’ roll sneak into their music. In 2013, they released their latest album, “Dirty Word,” featuring Flea of Red Hot Chili Peppers along with guest appearances from other friends and family.
Milo Greene (Oct. 26): The quintet is a cinematic pop group coming out of LA, with a smooth indie rock edge and combines wisps of guitar, drums and vocals into an airy sound you can imagine playing out of your television speakers as onscreen waves roll onto the beach. Their self-titled debut album came out in 2012 and their second album is coming soon.
Concerts will take place at 3 p.m. on select Sundays – September 28, October 12, and 26. Admission is $15 for adults, $7.50 for Vulcan Members, $4 for children 5-12, and free for children 4 and under. Ticket price includes live music and admission to Vulcan’s Observation Tower and Museum. Tickets and seating are first-come, first-served. Light snacks, beer, wine andsoft drinks will be available for purchase. No pets or outside alcohol allowed. For more information or to purchase tickets, log on to http://www.visitvulcan.com/vulcanaftertunes
- Tickets can be purchased online at http://www.visitvulcan.com/vulcanaftertunes
- Children 4 and under are free
- Gates open at 1 p.m.
- Opening act starts at 3 p.m., main act starts at 4 p.m.
- Food and beverage available for sale
- No pets or outside alcohol allowed
- Bring your lawn chairs and blankets
- Alabama Baby and Child magazine will provide a free Kids Zone with coloring pages and old fashioned games like corn hole and hula hoop
- On site parking is limited but Shuttles will be available to additional parking lots
- Vulcan Park and Museum is closed for general admission from 1 p.m. to 6 .m on concert days
- Event sponsors are Vulcan Painters, Alabama Beverage, WELD, B-metro, Alabama Baby and Child, and Birmingham Mountain Radio
- Media is invited to attend throughout the day to cover concert please contact Ashlyn Watkins – Marketing Coordinator at 205.933.1409 x31 for more information.