As an update from the Jefferson County Health Department, all entertainment venues will be closed until June 6. Those venues include night clubs, theaters, auditoriums, performing arts centers, museums and indoor children’s play areas. To read the entire order, please click here.
Our priority will always be the health and safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers in our care. We hope you are staying well during this time. Please see our update on the measures we are taking to safeguard public health on park property.
- The park grounds, including Kiwanis Centennial Plaza, will remain open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. 7 days a week at no charge.
- Vulcan Center, The Anvil and Observation Tower are closed until further notice. All public restrooms are closed.
- Handrails are sanitized throughout the day.
- All student and adult programs have been canceled until further notice.
- We are currently booking private and corporate events for future dates. Please contact our Event Manager to secure date.
- Vulcan Park Foundation continues to work with government officials to ensure a balance between the physical and mental well-being that access to green space provides, and efforts to halt the spread of disease. Park visitors must adhere to the current Jefferson County Department of Health order to maintain social distancing of 6 feet. We encourage visitors to bring a blanket for picnicking, games to enjoy on the grounds and binoculars to enjoy spring birding.
We will continue to monitor and assess all developments with the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and visitors as our top priority. Please continue to check the website or follow on all social channels for updates.
To receive the most up-to-date information, please visit The City of Birmingham’s page www.birminghamal.gov/coronavirus.
Text BHMCOVID TO 888-777 to receive text message information related to COVID-19 from The City of Birmingham